Saturday 30 March 2013

Trinity Church Bolton

These were taken in 2012. I had my eye on the building for some time, but it had a fence around it, was locked up so far as I could see, and worst of all the building stands right next to a busy junction next to the railway station. There are always lots of people about! A good clue for would be Urbex explorers - look at the grass and the bushes. If someone is going into a building, they will in all likelihood disturb these. Flattened grass is usually a sign that we can get in...
I didn't like this place at all. It felt distinctly creepy. A building surveyor had fallen to his death a few years ago whilst examining the inside of the tower. Also, the place if heaving with pigeons. It stinks, and the floor is missing. I won't be going back, but here are a few shots...
View from the front bit where the priest would stand. Stage? I am not strong on my religious terminology!
That said, on the right under the pink towel is the font. On its side.

Rotten as a pear. Floor removed to expose the dwarf walls. 

Wide open. But well hidden from the road. It has since been secured. It looked as though the building was receiving regular visits from somebody. 

This church is sort of 'fake old', I have no idea of when it was built, but arched doorways and  reinforced concrete stairs?  The clock faces have '1988' on them, but I seem to recall that the clock was refurbished back then.

Note the railway station clock tower to the left.

While the Earth Remaineth... the church falleth into disrepair?

A loose fence panel. And we're in.

If ever a building felt hostile. I didn't like this one. 

...and I don't think it liked me.

1 comment:

  1. WW its brilliant inthere. All those memories activities and happenings. Id love to go inside. I love the what looks to be an order of service you found! So did the balcony collapse when you was there?? I love spooky eery history ridden places. It wS a sad shame about David Humphrays, the church didnt like him either. RIP

    ReplyDelete